Dr. Robert Henshaw
Overview and Credentials:
Dr. Robert Henshaw has devoted his career to learning and practicing the most advanced techniques in his field. As a graduate of the Microsurgery Training Institute in Santa Barbara and hand picked to train under world renowned periodontist Dr. Dennis Shanelec, Dr. Henshaw is one of the few surgeons in the country, and the only surgeon in Oregon providing minimally invasive standard of care for dental implants though the use of microsurgery. Dr. Henshaw also utilizes laser technology as a non-surgical approach when treating patients with deep periodontal pockets. Between his use of microscope and laser technologies, Dr. Henshaw uses the very best available to be minimally invasive while focusing on esthetics.
Dr. Henshaw received his Doctorate of Dental Surgery from the University of the Pacific School of Dentistry in San Francisco, after a career in cancer research as a Molecular Biologist. He then continued with a three-year surgical residency at the Oregon Health & Sciences University in Periodontics & Oral Implantology, and completed one year of training at the Misch International Implant Institute.
Dr. Henshaw also spends time educating his peers. As the Director of MIND Dental Studies in Portland, Oregon and an Associate Professor at OHSU, he enjoys providing advanced dental education to dentists in the Portland Area.
In his free time, Dr. Henshaw enjoys family time with his son Trevor. On the weekends you can often find Dr. Henshaw in his surf shorts kite boarding or fly fishing in Hood River.
Professional Memberships Include:
- Member; American Dental Association
- Member; Oregon Dental Association
- Member; Washington County Dental Society
- Fellow; International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Fellow; The Misch International Implant Institute
- Adjunct Professor of Graduate Periodontology; Oregon Health & Science University
- Director; Mind Dental Studies, Portland
- Founding Member; Academy of Microscope Enhanced Dentistry